REMINDER!!!! REGISTRATION FOR THE SPRING SHERMAN OAKS LITTLE LEAGUE SEASON OPENS UP THIS WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 1ST. Please read this email carefully as there is a lot of pertinent information regarding signups, tryouts (older for Machine Pitch and older), request policies, key dates, etc.
Signups are on the league website, www.shermanoaksll.com, by clicking REGISTER at the top of the home page. If you have any questions about registration that are not answered in this email or on the league website, you can contact Dave Podemski at [email protected].
Registration will remain open until December 15th or until each division fills up to max capacity, whichever happens first. SPACE IS LIMITED AND WILL HAVE A HARD CUTOFF ONCE EACH DIVISION HITS ITS MAX NUMBER, so do not wait! It fills up fast, and there are no guarantees of getting off the wait list since wait list adds are all contingent on players dropping.
Here are a few important things to know before registering your child:
- The SOLL Spring season will start in February and will run through early June.
- SOLL is a purely age-based league. Age groups are determined by the 2024 Little League Age Chart. Your child will only be able to register for the age-appropriate division based on his or her date of birth.
- Signups are limited, and registration for each division will close once the division reaches max capacity, at which time it moves to a wait list. If your child is placed on the wait list, you'll be notified via email if/when a spot opens up, and you'll be able to complete payment at that time.
- For kids in the Tee Ball and Coach Pitch divisions, you can expect to hear from your child's manager around February 1st, at which time you will get scheduling and other info from them. These lower divisions accept teammate/manager requests and we'll do our best on those, although we cannot guarantee that they'll be accommodated. Any teammate requests in the upper divisions are relayed to the managers at the draft but are typically difficult to accommodate. SCHEDULING REQUESTS CANNOT BE ACCOMMODATED IN ANY DIVISION.
- For kids in the Machine Pitch through Majors divisions, teams are formed following evaluations and a draft, and you can expect to hear from your child's manager by February 1st. There are no evaluations for Tee Ball and Coach Pitch.
- Evaluations will be held on January 6th and 7th, and your child's evaluation date and time will be sent via email as well as posted to the SOLL website in early January. Tryouts are mandatory, and there will be makeup tryouts the following weekend for anyone who cannot make their originally scheduled tryout.
- Games are on Saturdays in Spring. Machine Pitch and older will also have a game during most weeks on a weekday once daylight savings hits.
- If you’re interested in managing your child’s team, great! In order to get your name on the list, you’ll need to register yourself as a volunteer manager when you complete your child’s registration.
- The info from all SOLL email blasts gets posted to Facebook and the league website as well, so please be sure to check the website periodically in case you do not receive an email blast.
Looking forward to another awesome Spring season! Don’t miss out!